Monday, August 22, 2011

You should start a VLOG!

So my friend, Brandy, has been telling me that I should start a blog about the food I cook for a while.... I thought 'that's not for me'.  She kept encouraging me - partly because we live together and I'm always cooking around her.

My grandmother, who doesn't even really know what a blog is, and sometimes calls it a 'vlog' has been telling me that I should be keeping a journal of my experiences.  I've never been a journal kind of person.  Then again, I was never a gym person either. 

This year has been full of change for me... so why not start a blog?
I started my journey to health & fitness almost 9 months ago.  I've never been into working out, athletics, or eating particularly healthy.  But on New Years Day I woke up and said I think I'm going to do Weight Watchers.  So I did.  I had not planned on making a resolution - I never do.   I joined the gym towards the end of January.  Who knew by March I'd be taking Kickboxing.... In April I got a second trainer.... and here I am not even the end of August, almost 70 pounds down - and happier than ever!  The gym is the highlight of my day now.  I have met a lot of great people there. Because I was always overweight, I just knew I wouldn't fit in there.... But I was wrong.  I was wrong about a lot of things.  I amaze myself almost every day at the gym because I am doing things I never thought I could or would do! 

I've begun to enjoy cooking.... I enjoy grocery shopping (my mother & my grandmother HATE the grocery store - I can't quite figure out why).  My mom says I'm the only person she knows who takes pictures of her food.  That can't be true.  But anyway.... I plan to share some of my creations from the kitchen.... and probably more.... 

Let the cooking begin....







No comments:

Post a Comment