Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Semi-home made Blackberry Greek Yogurt


I used to eat a lot of the different flavor varieties of Greek Yogurt.  While I still recommend this over regular yogurt, I have switched to just getting plain greek yogurt and sprucing it up however I deem necessary on any given day.  There are a few advantages to this.... Plain greek yogurt can be used in place of mayo, sour cream, etc in lots of savory dishes..... Plain greek yogurt also has a lot less sugars (so less carbs), less calories, and more protein than the flavor pumped varities.  I've heard a lot of people have trouble getting over the tangy taste of greek yogurt.  Well I've got news for ya.  Plain regular yogurt is tangy too.  Because yogurt, plain yogurt, isn't sweet by nature.  We sweeten it up - and that's why you're used to sweet yogurt.  Which is fine.  But don't automatically shy away from greek yogurt because it's tangy!  Sweeten it up!! 

Today I made Blackberry Greek Yogurt....

1/2 cup non-fat plain greek yogurt (I used Dannon Oikos - I also like Wegman's brand, Chobani, and Taste of Inspirations)
1.5tbsp Polaner Sugar Free w/Fiber Seedless Blackberry Preserves
1/4 tsp sweetener (I used Truvia)
dash vanilla protein powder (I used about 1/5 scoop Body Fortress)

Combine all ingredients in a bowl - Mix well.  Pretty simple.

Here's the stats:
Makes 1 serving.
103 Calories
0g Fat
15g Carbs
5g Fiber
16g Protein
54mg Sodium



No comments:

Post a Comment