Tuesday, November 13, 2012

My first half marathon.... and some yummy Pumpkin muffins!!


This past Saturday, I ran my first half marathon.  This is a huge deal to me because I was that girl in gym class who wouldn't even run the mile.  This was by far one of the most challenging things I have ever done.  Not only was the race itself challenging, but the training leading up to the race was intense.  I had been training for that one day for three months.... When we did our first group run very early one Saturday morning, five miles was killer.  But I really saw progress - very quickly.  And in the end I could run several miles before I had to take a break to walk for a minute.  I did not have a time goal originally - then I decided I wanted to complete it in less than 3 hours. 
 
It's weird.  It felt hard while I was doing it.... but once I got done and sat for a couple minutes I remember thinking "that wasn't so bad".   I guess I really meant it wasn't as hard as I had built it up to be in my head.  I had built it up to be this huge feat that I couldn't possibly conquer.  But I did.  The most we ran in training was just over 11 miles.  The race - all 13.1 miles - was amazing.  And I'm already planning my next half!
 
On to another yummy recipe!
 
I found this recipe here - and I tweaked it just a bit - but it's absolutely deeeeelish!!
 
You'll need:
3 scoops vanilla protein powder (I used Body Fortress)
1 cup almond flour/meal
3/4 cup canned pumpkin
3 large eggs
1tsp baking soda
1tsp reduced sodium baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
dash salt (I used salt substitute)
1/8 tsp stevia powder
2tsp almond butter
 
Preaheat oven to 350.
Whisk eggs, and then combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
Grease muffin tin w/coconut oil or line with cupcake liners.
Spoon batter into muffin tin. 
Bake 20-25 minutes.
 
Makes 12 muffins
 
Per muffin -  
 
128 Calories
8g Fat
5g Carbs
2g Fiber
11g Protein
106mg Sodium
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment