Thursday, November 15, 2012

Pumpkin Protein Pancakes

 
I've been really into pancakes since I made chocolate chip pancakes with coconut flour the other day..... So today I made Pumpkin protein pancakes with Almond Meal!  They are 'mostly' Paleo Friendly (I used Whey protein) - but they are so deeelish!!
 
You'll need:
2 scoops Vanilla Protein (I use Body Fortress)
1 cup egg whites (I used liquid egg whites - Great Value)
3/4 cup canned pumpkin
1/2 cup almond meal/flour
1/2 tsp stevia powder
1/8 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt (I used salt substitute)
 
Mix egg whites & pumpkin. 
In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients, then add egg white/pumpkin mixture to dry ingredients.  Mix well.
Heat a skillet or frying pan on med-low heat.  I cooked my pancakes using coconut oil to grease the pan. 
about 1/3 cup batter = 1 pancake
Cook for about a minute on bottom, then flip, and cook for another minute or so.
 
Makes 7 pancakes.
 
Per pancake:
126 Calories
5g Fat
7g Carbs
2g Fiber
14g Protein
99mg Sodium
 
**I topped my pancakes with a sprinkle of cinnamon & about 1/2 tbsp agave nectar (for three pancakes) -- it was AMAZING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment