Sunday, January 13, 2013

Berries & Cream Protein Rich Muffins!



So I saw a recipe for some 'strawberry shortcake muffins' that looked
good, but I knew I could improve upon it and tweak it to my 'needs'!
 
These muffins are super tasty, low in carbs & calories, high in protein, and flour free!  They have some old fashioned oats & berries in them so they are full of good carbs.  These would make a perfect breakfast (I'd eat two of them for breakfast) or a great snack!!  You could even have them for dessert and top them with a little vanilla icecream or cool whip (sugar free or fat free if you like!).
 
You'll need:
1 1/4 cup old fashioned oats
3 scoops vanilla protein powder (I used Body Fortress)
2 large eggs
1 cup plain greek yogurt
1-2 tsp stevia (to taste)
2tsp reduced sodium baking powder
1/4 cup water
1 1/2 cups mixed berries (I used Wyman's triple berry blend w/ blackberries, blueberries, and raspberries)
 
Preheat oven to 400.
Line muffin tin with paper liners - spray with baking spray (to allow them to be removed from the muffins more easily)
In a blender combine all ingredients (except for berries).  Blend until a batter is formed.
Pour into bowl, fold in berries.
Divide into 12 muffin cups.
Bake 20-25 minutes.
 
Per muffin:
98 Calories
2g Fat
10g carbs
1g Fiber
11g Protein
85mg Sodium
 
and here's a video I always think of when I hear berries & cream!
 
 


1 comment: