Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Breakfast for dinner - check this out!


I love breakfast food, but I had been avoiding it for a long time - Until I discovered almond flour!!  Hot damn - it's amazing!
 
I already posted my recipe for pumpkin protein pancakes here, but I wanted you to see what my whole dinner looks like - and tonight I came up with something new and amazing!
 
So tonight, I had three slices of low sodium turkey bacon (25 calories a slice), 1/2 cup 100% liquid egg whites scrambled with 1 cup baby spinach and 3 medium mushrooms, and four pumpkin protein pancakes.  Oh I started making slightly smaller pancakes and got 9 out of tonight's batch (my previous recipe made 7) so now they are 91 calories and 11g protein each!
 
The topping for these pancakes is made of 1/4 cup canned pumpkin, dash vanilla extract, dash stevia, and 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt.  Mix it all up, and put it on top - and in between your pancakes if you so desire (that's what I did and it was like a cake!)
 
The stats for my dinner:
 
588 Calories
20g Fat
31g Carbs
8g Fiber
72g Protein
801mg Sodium
 
This is 588 calories of healthy good for you great tasting food - and breakfast for dinner?  Who doesn't like that?!  

No comments:

Post a Comment