Thursday, December 13, 2012

Brussels sprouts with turkey bacon

I have seen brussels sprouts with bacon recipes floating around the internet..... and I've heard that they are delicious prepared with bacon.... but I hadn't ever tried it.  Today I found this recipe - and it looked too good not to try.
 
Here's what I did:
 
1 bag frozen brusels sprouts (I used PictSweet - there's about 24 sprouts in the bag)
3 slices low sodium turkey bacon (I used ButterBall)
1/3 small onion, chopped
1/2 tsp minced garlic
dash black pepper
dash nutmeg
dash salt (I use salt substitute)
non-stick cooking spray or olive oil
 
Boil Brussels Sprouts about 5-6 minutes until tender.
Saute Bacon - until done - then crumble or tear up if you like larger pieces.
Saute onion until tender. Cut brussels sprouts in half, then add to pan with onions.  Sautee until they start to brown up... Add in s&p, garlic & nutmeg.  Add in bacon.  Toss in the pan a couple times.  Remove from heat. Serve hot.
 
For me, this is only making 2 servings. 
 
150 calories
3g fat
21g carbs
8g fiber
10g protein
155mg Sodium

No comments:

Post a Comment