Thursday, May 10, 2012

Salsafied Black Beans & Lentils!



Anyone who knows me knows I've kind of been eating on the four hour body plan.  Although I don't know that it's helped me lose any more weight than I would've anyways, I do love the way I feel, and I know I'm eating all the right stuff!!  :)  So I whipped this up as part of my breakfast today (paired with a protein shake) and it was delish!!  This dish is packed with protein & fiber, and it's low in calories!


1/4 cup lentils - cooked (I cook lentils a few cups at a time so I can just go in and get some for each meal)
1/5 cup black beans, drained/rinsed
1 mushroom - chopped
2tbsp salsa (I used Great Value Black Bean & Corn)

Heat frying pan over med-high heat.  Add in mushroom.  Sautee for about a minute.  Add in beans & lentils.  Sautee for another minute or two, until heated through and mushroom is tender.  Add in salsa, sautee for another minute (See how quick and easy this is?!)  Remove from heat and enjoy!!  Makes 1 serving.

**Lentils just about double in size when you cook them, so the 1/4 cup cooked is only about 1/8 cup dry**

100 Calories
0g Fat
21g Carbs
9g Fiber
8g Protein
157mg Sodium

*I had this with a protein shake consisting of chocolate protein powder, cocoa powder, black beans, canned pumpkin, liquid egg whites, almond milk and this ended up being the nutrition information for my entire breakfast (I consider this a huge win)!

337 Calories
4g Fat
41g Carbs
13g Fiber
39g Protein
351mg Sodium

No comments:

Post a Comment