Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Veggiefied {Noodle-less} Chicken Parm!



My boyfriend requested chicken parmesan last night.... I don't really make traditional chicken parm.  Obviously breaded chicken breast isn't so healthy.  So I made him some, with whole wheat noodles, but I made mine a little different.... I thinly sliced some Zucchini and used that as my 'pasta'.... and then loaded it up with vegetables and lentils.   It turned out so delish!!  Here's the recipe.

3oz chicken breast (skinless/boneless) - chopped
1/4 cup spaghetti sauce
1 large zucchini - thinly sliced, length-wise
2 mushrooms - chopped
chopped onions
1 tbsp shredded cheese
1/4 cup lentils (cooked)

Saute the chicken breast until cooked through.  I seasoned it with just a bit of garlic powder.  Sautee the zucchini for a few minutes, until tender..... season with some garlic powder.  I also threw in a little Mrs. Dash.  Add in onion and mushrooms.  sautee for a minute or so.  Add in lentiles, and chicken.  Sautee until Lentils are heated through.  Remove from heat.  Top with spaghetti sauce and cheese. 

260 Calories
2g Fat
40g Carbs
16g Fiber
36g Protein
294mg Sodium

No comments:

Post a Comment