Sunday, July 22, 2012

Cherry Cheesecake Fake-Out!



Yesterday while I was doing a little grocery shopping at Wal-Mart, I went down the aisle with all the pie fillings..... I was just looking to get my normal canned pumpkin.  But I stumbled upon no sugar added pie fillings - I picked up a can of Cherry thinking there must be something I can do with this (the nutrition facts were pretty stinkin good!)  This little dish is small enough for someone who doesn't like to eat a large breakfast, but is packed with protein.   This would also make a great late night protein packed sweet snack!

Here's what I came up with.....
1tbsp 1/3 less fat cream cheese, softened (I used generic store brand)
1/3 scoop vanilla protein powder (I used Body Fortress)
1 packet Splenda (or sweetener of your choice)
2/3 cup plain greek yogurt (I used Taste of Inspirations)
1/3 cup no sugar added cherry pie filling (I used Great Value - Wal-Mart brand)

Combine cream cheese, vanilla protein, splenda, and greek yogurt.  Mix in small bowl until well blended.  Put in the freezer for 20-30 minutes (this is just to set it a bit).  Remove from freezer and top with Cherry pie filling.  Enjoy! 

*Who says you can't have dessert for breakfast?!*

206 Calories
4g Fat
18g Carbs
1g Fiber
25g Protein
151mg Sodium


No comments:

Post a Comment