Monday, July 23, 2012

CherryPie Overnight Oats!


Yep, it seems I'm on a bit of a cherry kick.  Basically because I need to use up the can of No Sugar Added Cherry Pie Filling I opened the other night.  But it works out because I like cherry (sometimes).  I decided to try making overnight oats.  I've seen the recipes floating all over the internet but hadn't tried it.  I used Chia Seeds (high in fiber) and Flax Seeds (contains Omega-3 Fatty Acids).  I also added protein powder (because if you know me or read my blog, I like a high protein breakfast - and I like to balance carbs with fiber and protein)....

This is super simple - You just mix all the ingredients together and stick it in the fridge overnight!  How easy is that?

1/3 cup Quick Oats
1/2 tbsp flax seeds
1/2 tbsp chia seeds
1/3 scoop Vanilla Protein Powder
1/3 cup no sugar added cherry pie filling
1/4 cup plain greek yogurt
1/3 cup unsweetened coconut milk
1 packet truvia

Combine all ingredients in a jar or bowl - cover.  Refrigerate overnight.  Try to use a container that allows a little room for expansion (as in there is a bit of room between the lid and the top of the oats) as the chia seeds expand when they absorb water).  Dig in when you get up!!

271 Calories
7g Fat
38g Carbs
6g Fiber
19g Protein
78mg Sodium

**Because it has 32g net carbs, this is a perfect pre- or post-workout snack/meal!

I'm going to play around with flavors - will post more ideas this week!! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment