Thursday, July 26, 2012

Hawaiian Overnight Oats



This is by far my favorite overnight oats recipe yet!  It sounded good - but I didn't realize just how good until I tasted it this morning.  I think this is going to become one of my go-to breakfasts!  Of course, it's loaded with protein and good carbs - which makes it perfect for pre- or post-workout.

1/5 cup pineapple (could use chunks or crushed)
1tbsp plain greek yogurt (I used Dannon Oikos)
1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder (I used Body Fortress)
1/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
1/3 cup quick oats
1/3 -1/2 tbsp flax seeds
1/4 tbsp chia seeds
dash coconut extract

Combine all ingredients in bowl/jar.  Mix well.  Refrigerate overnight.  In the morning, your Hawaiian oats are ready to go!

238 Calories
6g Fat
32g Carbs
4g Fiber
19g Protein
50mg Sodium

I paired this with an egg white scramble (4tbsp liquid egg whites, 1/4 cup raw spinach, 1/8 cup black beans - drained/rinsed, 1/8 cup no salt added diced tomatoes, salt substitute, pepper) and it was the perfect breakfast for only - 303 Calories, 6g Fat, 38g Carbs, 6g Fiber, 27g Protein, 163mg Sodium! 

No comments:

Post a Comment