Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Semi-HomeMade Key Lime Greek Yogurt!

If you read my blog at all you know two of the things I adore - Key Lime foods and greek Yogurt.  Lime is just plain delicious.  Greek Yogurt is preferred over regular yogurt because it has so much more protein.  Sure the calories tend to be a bit higher, but when you are eating healthy and living a well rounded lifestyle, calorie is not king.  It's all about balance.  So today I took a stab at making my own Key Lime Greek Yogurt - It was easy and turned out delish!! 

Dannon Oikos makes a really tasty Key Lime Greek Yogurt..... Nutrition information for one serving of that is as follows....
160 Calories
4.5g Fat
18g Carbs
0g Fiber
11g Protein
75mg Sodium

What I came up with today is as follows:
3/4 cup PLAIN Greek Yogurt (Non-Fat) - I used Taste of Inspirations (130 Calories/cup)
1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder - I used Body Fortress
squirt lemon juice
couple squirts lime juice
packet of Splenda

Combine all ingredients in a bowl (Lemon Juice - I really just used a very small squirt, Lime Juice - I probably used 1/2tsp - it doesn't take much - you can adjust to taste) -- Dig in and Enjoy! 

Here's how this stacks up -
Entire recipe makes 1 serving

157 Calories
1g Fat
10g Carbs
1g Fiber
28g Protein
88mg Sodium

This is a major WIN in my book!!

**This would also make a great frozen treat!!**



No comments:

Post a Comment