Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Zucchini Mushroom Spinach Quiche



I am proud to say that this entire quiche was my lunch today.  Yep. I ate the whole thing - and you can do that too - without feeling guilty!  ;)  I like food.  I like yummy tasty delicious food.  And I haven't given that up since I've changed my eating habits and lost a bunch of weight.  So here's how to make this scrumptious easy meal (which can also be for breakfast as well!)

4tbsp liquid egg whites
1 egg
1 medium zucchini - chopped
1 cup spinach - torn or chopped
3 medium mushrooms - chopped
onion powder (to taste)
garlic powder (to taste)
red pepper (to taste)
black pepper
salt substitute
1tbsp parmesan cheese
1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk

Preheat oven to 375. 
Sautee mushrooms & zucchini in frying pan for a few minutes over med-high heat.  Add in spinach, garlic powder, onion powder, red pepper, black pepper and salt substitute.  Cook until wilted. 
Spray 8x8 baking dish with fat free non stick cooking spray.  Spread veggies on bottom of baking dish.
Whisk together milk, egg, & egg white.  Add in more salt substitute and black pepper if you like (I did).  Pour this mixture over the veggies in baking dish.  Sprinkle with parmesan cheese. 
Bake uncovered for 35 minutes. 

Could make 4 servings (but like I said, I ate the WHOLE thing for lunch - so 4 servings) - per serving it's....
49 Calories
2g Fat
3g Carbs
1g Fiber
5g Protein
72mg Sodium


No comments:

Post a Comment