Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Protein Infused Cranberry Orange Loaf


I like to make these types of things for my boyfriend to take to work..... He doesn't like to eat breakfast.... But he likes muffin/cakey type things like this so I figured why not infuse with some protein and make it even better?  This is super simple, and the cake is so moist.  I cut into slices and then freeze.  I take out a slice the night before and put it in the fridge, then it goes in his lunch the next day! 
 
1 package martha white cranberry orange muffin mix
2 scoops vanilla protein powder (I use body fortress)
1/4 cup canned pumpkin
1/4 cup vanilla almond milk
1/3 cup plain greek yogurt
 
Preheat oven to 390.  Spray loaf pan with nonstick spray (I use the baker's spray that has flour in it)
Combine all ingredients in large bowl and mix thoroughly. 
Pour into loaf pan.
Bake for 15-20 minutes - keep an eye on it - it's so moist it takes a little time to get fully cooked in the middle (at least in my oven it does).
Cut into 7-8 slices.
 
For 7 slices, Nutrition info is as follows.....
168 Calories
4g Fat
23g Carbs
1g Fiber
11g Protein
162mg Sodium

No comments:

Post a Comment