Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Chickpeas anyone?


I la la love Chickpeas.  This is a new love for me, but I love them none the less!  I eat beans several times a week now, so I'm always looking for interesting ways to prepare them, besides just throwing them on my salads.  I've made this before and it's so yummy I made it for lunch today and just had to share! 

1/2 cup Chickpeas (Garbanzo Beans) - canned - drained, rinsed*
1/4 - 1/2 can Diced Tomatoes w/Green Chiles - canned - drained
1 wedge Laughing Cow Light Queso Fresco & Chipotle Cheese
Emeril's Original Essence

Add chickpeas to hot frying pan first.... Add some Emeril's Original Essence - I usually add about 1tsp at this point. 
Add tomatoes w/green chiles - Add more Emeril's Original Essence if you like - I usually add another sprinkle (I like a decent amount of spice)
Sautee for a few minutes, stirring often. 
Soften wedge of cheese in microwave safe bowl for about 30 seconds.  Add chickpea/tomato combo to the bowl and stir to evenly distribute the cheese.  
Enjoy!

179 Calories
25g Carbs
6g Fiber
4g Fat
8g Protein

*I often use canned beans to save time - but I always drain & thoroughly rinse the beans prior to using them to remove extra sodium.  

No comments:

Post a Comment