Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Three Bean Turkey Chili!

Yesterday I didn't know what I wanted to eat so I decided to throw together some chili! Brandy told me how good it smelled while it was in the crock pot -- I knew it was going to be good!  And it's even better today! 


1 can black beans - drained, rinsed
1 can dark red kidney beans - drained, rinsed
1 can chickpeas - drained, rinsed
1 can diced tomatoes w/green chiles
1 can tomato paste
1 package lean ground turkey (about a pound), 93/7
2 cups water
Cumin
Chili Powder
Emeril's Original Essence 

Brown the turkey in a frying pan.  I usually add a little Emeril's Original Essence to the turkey.  Combine all ingredients in the crock pot.  Add Cumin, Chili Powder, & Emeril's Original Essence to taste (I like my chili a little spicy).  Let cook for 3-4 hours.

You can top your bowl of chili with a little reduced fat shredded cheese (which I did in the picture above) - or some fat free sour cream if you like.

1/2 cup serving for only about 200 calories, 13g carbs, 6g fat, & 21g protein!

No comments:

Post a Comment