Monday, March 26, 2012

Frozen Peanut Butter Cup Delight!


I've made things similar to this before, but this by far takes the cake! It is a great sweet/salty snack -- and is packed with protein - and even some veggies!  Yep, Veggies are in there!  :)   Here's how to make it --

1tbsp cocoa powder (I used Nestle TollHouse)
1/8 cup black beans (drained/rinsed)
2tbsp peanut butter (I used Naturally More)
1 scoop Chocolate Protein Powder (I used American Family Fitness Bio Whey)
1/4-1/2 cup water
1tbsp reduced fat peanut butter (I used great value)

Combine first 5 ingredients in a blender - blend until smooth.  Pour into a bowl - freeze for about 30 minutes.  Remove from freezer, and put 1tbsp peanut butter in a bowl and microwave for about 30 seconds to soften (don't microwave too long - 'burns' easily).  I used a knife to drizzle peanut butter on top of frozen chocolate goodness. Dig in!

440 calories
23g fat
24g carbs
7g fiber
36g protein
177mg sodium

1 comment:

  1. What an interesting recipe! I never would have thought to put black beans in there. That is a lot of protein for one serving!

    What does it taste like? Chocolate icecream with a peanut butter drizzle?

    ReplyDelete