Friday, April 20, 2012

Peanut Butter {Pumpkin} Cup Fake-Out!



So on a normal day, I don't eat sweets (including fruit) and I don't eat starchy carbs.  I am following the 4-hour body diet.  I get one cheat day a week.  But sometimes during the week I want something sweet and delicious.... This has become my go to snack, and I have it almost every day.  I recently figured out a way to make it go further - that actually adds lots of nutrients and fiber to the snack for almost no calories!  Add PUMPKIN!! Yep.  Here's the low down -

2tbsp Natural Peanut Butter (I use Smuckers -- Natural Peanut Butter should have no ingredients besides peanuts & salt)
1/4 cup canned pumpkin (I use Libbys)
1 packet Splenda
1tbsp cocoa powder
1/2 scoop chocolate protein powder

Combine all ingredients in a bowl -- I like to mash the peanut butter down and fold all ingredients together.  The oils from the peanut butter help hold everything together.  Mix thoroughly.  Put in the freezer for 15-20 minutes.  Dig in!!

298 Calories
16g Fat
16g Carbs
7g Fiber
22g Protein
166mg Sodium


No comments:

Post a Comment