Friday, April 20, 2012

Spicy Black Bean Dip


I eat a lot of hummus.  Roasted red pepper is my favorite, but I also love garlic... and pine nut.  But I wanted to try making something a little different.... So I made some black bean dip.  Turned out pretty stinkin good -- similar texture to hummus.... High in fiber, low in calories - I'd consider that a win.  I had mine with some Broccoli this afternoon - and you can see my boyfriend's dog there waiting patiently (she LOVES broccoli!)

2/3 cup black beans (drained & rinsed)
2tbsp salsa - I used black bean & corn
cumin - to taste
red pepper - to taste
kernel season's ranch popcorn seasoning - optional

Combine all ingredients in food processor - until smooth.   Eat with your favorite vegetables, and I'm sure it'd be great with tortilla chips as well!

Makes two servings.

87 Calories
0g Fat
16g Carbs
4g Fiber
5g Protein
153mg Sodium

No comments:

Post a Comment