Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Fall Harvest Oatmeal Bake

I love all things fall.  I'm not quite sure why, but I do.
 
And if you have read my blog or talked to me, you know my love of pumpkin.  I use it all year round, almost on a daily basis, but fall is the perfect time for pumpkin, even if you're not a pumpkin fanatic like me!  This morning's breakfast was just something I thought sounded good - and it turned out Delicious!  It is full of protein and yummy good carbs - and the warmth and comfort that I think all fall foods have!
 
You'll need:
1 scoop Vanilla Protein Powder (I use Body Fortress)
1/2 cup Old fashioned Oatmeal
1/2 cup no sugar added apple pie filling (I used Comstock/Duncan Hines)
2/3 tbsp black chia seeds
1/4 cup canned pumpkin (Libbys)
1/4 tsp reduced sodium baking powder
1/4 cup plain non-fat Greek Yogurt (I used Dannon Oikos)
1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk (I used So Delicious)
1/2 tsp Truvia Baking Blend
1/2 tsp cinnamon (divided)
1/4 tsp AllSpice
4tbsp Liquid Egg Whites (I use Great Value)
 
Preheat oven to 350.
Spray glass loaf 'pan' with nonstick cooking spray.  Spread apples in bottom of dish. Sprinkle with dash of cinnamon.
Combine all remaining ingredients (but only 1/4 tbsp of the cinnamon) in blender.  Blend until mixed well (will have a thin batter like consistency)
Pour into baking dish over apples.
Sprinkle top with remaining cinnamon.
Bake 30-35 minutes.
 
When you remove from the oven, you'll want to divide into two servings and then (once in their own individual bowls) - stir well. Can top with additional cinnamon if desired.
 
Makes 2 servings.
 
249 Calories
6g Fat
31g Carbs
7g Fiber
23g Protein
166mg Sodium
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment