Tuesday, October 23, 2012

POWER PROTEIN SHAKE!



I've been on a green smoothie kick.  Green protein shakes for breakfast.... green 'shakes' for snacks..... My fiance is disgusted by my constant use of kale! ;) 
 
This morning's shake is my best yet, so I had to share.  The others are good, but they are green, in color, and that grosses some people out.  But this one isn't (berries make it become more purplish). So you could give this to your hubby or kids and they'd never know there's green in there!!
 
You'll need:
1 scoop vanilla protein powder (I use Body Fortress)
1/2 cup frozen berry medley (blackberries, raspberries, strawberries, blueberries)
1/2 extra small banana
dash truvia
1/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
1/2 cup water
ice (I used 6 ice cubes)
1 cup raw kale
 
Blend a some of the water and the kale in the blender first.  This will make a green 'juice'.  Then add in remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.
 
Makes one serving.
240 Calories
3g Fat
25g Carbs
5g Fiber
28g Protein
83mg Sodium
 
This also has:
528mg Potassium
108% DV Vitamin A
99% DV Vitamin C
8% DV Calcium
7% DV Iron

No comments:

Post a Comment