Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Pineapple {Protein Infused} Muffins


 
Nom nom nom.  These are so light and fluffy.... Not really a traditional fall treat, but they are so good I had to post the recipe!  I found it here but tweaked it a bit.  It turned out so deeelish!!  These would also be the perfect spring/summertime treat.  You could frost these with some vanilla frosting and really make them decadent!
 
You'll need:
1/2 cup coconut flour
1tsp baking soda
1/2tsp salt substitute
1tsp vanilla
4eggs, whisked
3 scoops vanilla protein powder
1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
1 1/2 cups crushed pineapple (I used canned - in pineapple juice, no sugar added)
1/4 cup shredded coconut (I used sweetened because that's all I had on hand)
 
 
Preheat oven to 350.  Line/grease muffin tin.
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl - Mix well.
Scoop batter into muffin tin - I used a 1/8 cup measuring cup (1 scoop per muffin cup)
Bake 20-25 minutes.
Let cool in muffin tin for 5-10 minutes, remove from tin and let cool on wire rack.
Made 21 muffins.
 
64 Calories
2g Fat
6g Carbs
2g Fiber
5g Protein
58mg Sodium

No comments:

Post a Comment