Friday, October 12, 2012

Pumpkin Spice cupcakes w/Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting

On with the yummy fall recipes.... These little gems are only 82 calories each!  But they taste sinfully good! 
 
I got the idea for my icing from Hungry Girl!   LOVE HER!  And the cake mix, well that was pure genius on my part.  ;) 
 
You'll need:
1 package Pillsbury Moist Supreme Sugar Free Yellow Cake Mix
1-15oz can + 1/4 cup canned pumpkin
1/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
1 sugar free vanilla pudding snack (I used Jell-o brand)
7tbsp cream cheese frosting (I used Betty Crocker Whipped)
cinnamon
nutmeg
allspice
 
Preaheat oven to 325.
In large bowl, combine cake mix, canned pumpkin & coconut milk.  Also add in cinnamon, nutmeg & allspice, to taste. Mix well.  Batter will be very thick, almost like a dough, but not quite that thick.
Spray muffin tin or cake pan with nonstick spray (I like to use the kind with flour) or if you're making cupcakes, use liners.
Spoon batter into pan or tin/cups.
Cupcakes - Bake 20 minutes.
Cake - I made a small cake and it took about 25 minutes - watch the cake, and check the middle with a toothpick for done-ness.
Let cake/cupcakes cool completely before icing.
 
To make icing:
In bowl, mix icing, vanilla pudding, and cinnamon to taste.
Refrigerate while cupcakes are cooling.
Frost cake/cupcakes when they are completely cool.  I used a zip-loc bag as a 'piping' bag. 
 
Makes about 25 cupcakes.
Nutrition Information includes frosting!
82 Calories
2g Fat
18g Carbs
1g Fiber
1g Protein
149mg Sodium
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment