Saturday, June 23, 2012

Eggplant Parm Stacks - with a twist!



I wanted to make something with eggplant tonight because I had three in the fridge I needed to use up.... This is what I came up with.  It is quite tasty - I think even the kids would like it!!  You can tweak it a bit with ingredients you want but it is DELISH the way I made it tonight!


2 small eggplants - unpeeled, cut into medallions - about 1/4 inch thick
1/2 cup no salt added spaghetti sauce (I used Rinaldi Tradition - No Salt Added)
24 slices turkey pepperoni
1/4 green pepper - chopped
3 small-medium sized mushrooms - chopped
1/3 cup shredded cheese - I used Mexican Blend
4tbsp grated parmesan

Preheat oven to 375.
Sautee Eggplant slices -- I also seasoned with a bit of Perfect Pinch Garlic & Herb (salt free seasoning).... Just takes a few minutes on each side.  I added a bit of water to the pan to 'steam' the eggplant.  Spray muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.  Place one slice eggplant in the bottom of each cup in the muffin tin.  Remove remaining eggplant from pan and set aside on a plate.  Sautee mushrooms & green peppers until tender - I also seasoned these with a little of the garlic & herb seasoning - and added a bit of water to 'steam' them.  (This helps them cook a bit quicker, yet stay tender).  Now, layer in each muffin tin on top of the bottom slice of eggplant in this order -- 1 slice pepperoni, a little bit of shredded cheese, another slice of eggplant, some of the cooked veggies, a little bit of spaghetti sauce, another slice of pepperoni, a little bit of shredded cheese, and a little bit of parmesan on top.  Bake for 20 minutes.  When they're done, you can remove from muffin tin with a spoon and they'll stay in little stacks.


Makes 2 servings of 6 stacks each --

268 Calories
11g Fat
25g Carbs
12g Fiber
16g Protein
542mg Sodium



No comments:

Post a Comment