Saturday, June 2, 2012

Turkey Parmesan Stuffed 8-Ball Zucchini

Came across these cute little zucchini at a little Farmer's Market near my house today....


In case you haven't  noticed -- I LOVE Zucchini!!  I eat it several times a week.  But I'd never seen these before - so of course I had to get them.  The sign at the farmer's market said they were great for stuffing.  Perfect -- something new for me to try!!

So here's what I came up with.....

2 8-Ball Zucchini
1/4 Large Onion chopped
1/4 cup bread crumbs (I used Italian Style)
4oz lean ground turkey (browned)
1tbsp Grated Parmesan Cheese
1 egg (lightly beaten)
2 mushrooms - chopped
parsley (about 1tbsp)
garlic powder (about 1/2 tbsp)
fat free cooking spray

-Cut zucchini in half (horizontally, not through the stem)
-scoop out pulp (melon baller works great for this) and set aside.
-Parboil shells in salted water for about 2 minutes, drain.
-Preheat oven to 350.
-Chop zucchini pulp, heat in skillet over med-high heat (spray skillet w/non stick cooking spray prior to adding in zucchini). Add in onion, mushroom, 1/2 garlic powder, and other seasonings if you like.  Cook until tender. 
-In large bowl, combine cooked zucchini pulp mixture, bread crumbs, remaining garlic, parsley, egg, parmesan, and ground turkey (already cooked).   Mix thoroughly. 
-Spray baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.  Place shells in baking dish -- Stuff shells with zucchini mixture.  Place top of shell on top for baking.  Bake for 17 minutes.


Voila!! 

For one....

212 Calories
9g Fat
17g Carbs
2g Fiber
19g Protein
351mg Sodium


1 comment:

  1. Ball zucchini?? That's a new one on me! I'd love to stuff those, too - and you stuffed them with exactly what I'd do for a Clean recipe ( except you've got to be careful of those bread crumbs - not Clean at all ).

    I'm going to have my eyes peeled for these, for sure. TY Mary!

    ReplyDelete