Friday, June 1, 2012

Spicy Broccoli, Spinach & Ground Turkey Stir-Fry!


I think when people make stir-frys they normally don't think about putting in ground turkey -- I know I used to mostly do chicken or steak, but yesterday I made this for lunch and it was delish!!  Check it out - high in protein & fiber, and low in calories!!  This is a complete meal, that packs tons of flavor, and won't leave you hungry!

2cups raw spinach (I used flat leaf)
6oz ground turkey, lean
1/4 cup chickpeas (drained/rinsed)
2tbsp Salsa (I used Great Value Black Bean & Corn Salsa)
3 cups broccoli (I used frozen)
seasonings to taste (I used Mrs Dash Garlic & Herb, McCormick Hot Shot, & Mrs Dash Southwest Seasoning)

Brown turkey - make sure cooked through - season with Mrs Dash Garlic & Herb & hot shot.  Set aside. 
Sautee broccoli over med-high heat, until tender, add in spinach & chickpeas.  Season with Southwest Seasoning.  Sautee until broccoli is wilted.  Add Turkey back into the frying pan - and mix in salsa.  Mix well, and remove from heat. 

Enjoy!!

435 Calories
15g Fat
26g Carbs
11g Fiber
38g Protein
511mg Sodium

No comments:

Post a Comment