Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Zucchini 'Tots'




Soooo - I saw a similar recipe on MyFitnessPal today.... But it didn't look to be quite as 'healthy' as they were touting it to be because it had panko bread crumbs in it.... and 1/4cup Parmesan Cheese.... So I tweaked it a bit, and tried out my version -- turned out SO YUM!!  I made 12 -- and figured 3 was a decent serving - so it makes 4 serving of 3 - but they're so low in calories that you can eat a couple servings if you want and not feel guilty.  I put a little salt substitute on mine when I ate them - Delish!! And they do have the texture of tater tots. :)

1/4 cup quick oats
1/4 cup onion - chopped
1 cup zucchini - chopped
1 egg
2tbsp parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 400.  Spray muffin tin w/non stick cooking spray.  Combine all ingredients in food processor and mix until smooth/well blended.  Spoon into muffin tin cups. Press down into muffin tin (so relatively flat) with a spoon. Bake 15-20 minutes, until they start to get lightly browned on top. 

Per serving....
56 Calories
3g Fat
6g Carbs
1g Fiber
4g Protein
69mg Sodium

No comments:

Post a Comment