Thursday, September 22, 2011

VitaTop - Awesome snack idea!!

So I tried this the other day, and it was amazing.  I decided when I had it again today I had to share.

I am a huge fan of VitaTops! They are delicious, healthy, and can really satisfy a sweet tooth craving - there's so many things you can do with them!  Per the VitaLicious Website - These VitaTops are 'All natural cholesterol free Kosher muffin tops contain whole wheat, oat bran and 15 vitamins & minerals'

This go 'round, I had the Raisin Bran VitaTop, and I topped it with about half a tbsp of Maranatha Natural Almond Butter (Creamy).  VitaTops are frozen, so I just popped mine in the microwave, in package, for 30 seconds.  Came out steaming hot, added the Almond Butter, and it melts a little and creates almost an icing!  It's delish! Almost dessert like but much healthier - very guilt free!  This is perfect for a mid morning snack, or even an evening snack -- I think it could even work for breakfast paired with some egg whites or something with some more protein!

145 Calories
5g Fat
0mg Cholesterol
140mg Sodium
24g Carbs
6g Fiber
6g Protein



No comments:

Post a Comment