Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Strawberries & Cream Smoothie Scrumptiousness!

Ok, maybe I made up that word - Scrumptiousness. But it sounds good, right?

Today's creation tastes almost like one of those Strawberry Cream Savers - and who doesn't like those?! It's super low in calories and fat - has tons of protein - and would make a fantastic post workout recovery snack!  But I'm having my smoothie as a pre-workout/afternoon snack.

1/4 Cup Fat Free Cottage Cheese
1/2 Scoop Protein Powder (I used Syntrax Nectar Sweets Vanilla Bean Torte)
1tsp Sugar
5-10 pieces of ice
1/2-1 cup Water
1 Sugar Free Jell-O Vanilla Pudding Cup
4 Frozen Strawberries

I like to mix the ingredients in blender with ice on bottom - since that's where the blades are so it usually works a bit better, and I like to add the water last. Blend until smooth. Makes a pretty large smoothie!

180 Calories
1g Fat
441mg Sodium
25g Carbs
1g Fiber
18g Protein

A lot of people I know would be questioning the Cottage Cheese.  DON'T!  It helps make the smoothie nice and thick, almost more like a shake, and you can't taste it at all!  Plus it's got tons of protein!

No comments:

Post a Comment