Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Pumpkin Oatmeal

Ahhh.... Why didn't I think of this sooner?  This is the perfect breakfast for this time of year - or yesterday I had it as my pre-gym snack!

I use Better Oats OatFit Maple & Brown Sugar Oatmeal -- This comes in boxes of 5 packets - and the packets actually can be used to measure out the water, so you can make the perfect bowl of oatmeal every time!  You can find BetterOats at Target, and they often have them on sale for $1 per box!  They make various different flavors - I like the OatFit variety because they are only 100 calories per pack.  They have just the right amount of sweetness!

1packet OatFit Maple & Brown Sugar Oatmeal
1/3 cup Canned Pumpkin (Libby's 100% canned pumpkin)
1/2tsp sugar
1/8 scoop vanilla whey protein (I used Jillian Michael's Natural Whey Protein Powder)
1/10 cup 2% or skim milk
Prepare the oatmeal as you normally would.  Mix in all other ingredients and stir until nicely blended.  ENJOY!

162 Calories
2g Fat
25g Carbs
6g Fiber
240mg Sodium
8g Protein

No comments:

Post a Comment