Thursday, October 6, 2011

Southwestern Tuna

I was just going to make a normal boring tuna sandwich today - I have always loved tuna!  BUT then I didn't have any relish - and I happen to like a little relish in my tuna (which I know is weird because I don't like pickles).

But then I remembered I had rice cakes, and salsa -- and my lunch took on a whole new flavor!! 

Quaker Lightly Salted Rice Cakes
Black Bean & Corn Salsa
Chunk Light Tuna in Water
Light Mayonnaise

So I had already mixed the tuna and mayo - but you don't have to put mayo in this if you don't want to - it was quite good with it though. 

Mix 1/4 can tuna with 1/2 Tbsp Light Mayo.  Top Rice cake with Tuna.  Top it all off with a couple TBSP of salsa.  I use the black bean & corn salsa (LOVE the Wal-Mart/Great Value brand) because that's my favorite but you could use whichever kind you like.  

UNDER 100 CALORIES!
2.5g Fat
11.5g Carbs
1g Fiber
230mg Sodium
6.5g Protein

Double the recipe and have a hearty healthy lunch for under 200 calories!! Pair it with some raw veggies and/or fruit -- SCORE!

No comments:

Post a Comment