Thursday, October 27, 2011

Easy Mashed Sweet Potatoes!

I've never been a fan of the sweet potato.  I didn't even used to eat them at Thanksgiving when they were all sweet, sugary, and covered in marshmallows.  Yea, ok, so I'm weird.  I know.  I finally tried them at Thanksgiving last year.  They were delish!   Sooo I'm determined to make healthy options of my Thanksgiving favorites for this Thanksgiving. 

An old friend of mine shared this Weight Watchers recipe with me a while ago - but I never tried it - until last night.... It's so simple & quick - but quite tasty!
4 Sweet Potatoes
1 can (15 1/4 oz) Crushed pineapple - drained


Bake potatoes directly on rack, at 400.  Will take about 30-40 minutes.  Test for doneness by cutting into, or pushing your finger into the side to see if it's soft (warning: potato will be hot!). 
Let Potatoes cool for about 10 minutes. 
Slice open and remove potato flesh from skin - put flesh into bowl with pineapple. 
Mash potatoes with potato masher or with a fork until pineapple breaks down (about 2-3 minutes).  Yields 8 1/2 cup servings.  You could also top this with a few mini marshmallows if you wanted to.


Approximate nutrition information..... 
75 Calories
0g Fat
17g Carbs
2g Fiber
21mg Sodium
1g Protein

No comments:

Post a Comment