Monday, October 17, 2011

Zucchini Spaghetti!!

Who doesn't like spaghetti?  I just try to avoid it because of the carbs... even if you use whole wheat pasta, it's still a heavy dish.  I adapted this idea a while ago from a zucchini pizza bites recipe I came across. It was delicious!!  

I just slice up Zucchini (used 2 zucchini's today) (You can also get frozen zucchini, already sliced up if you like - the only place I've been able to find that is Giant) & saute it with a little olive oil or cooking spray, and some Emerils Original Essence.  I also, like to add in some mushrooms, sometimes some onions - you can do whatever you want here.  I used 1/4 cup Prego Light Smart Spaghetti Sauce - but you can use whatever variety you like - and I topped it with a little (about 1Tbsp) Fat Free Parmesan Cheese. Keep in mind, if you change the ingredients, the nutrition information will be different.....  It's good with mini turkey pepperonis & also with tofu!

This makes a light satisfying meal....

110 Calories 
0g Fat
23g Carbs
6g Fiber
376mg Sodium
8g Protein

I paired this with a yummy spinach salad! 

No comments:

Post a Comment