Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Something a little different...

I think I saw a pizza omelet in a cook book somewhere, I know I didn't just randomly think of this on my own - though I did not follow any recipe - and it turned out pretty good!  You can add veggies if you like, I just didn't because I didn't have much on hand - but I wanted something tasty and high protein for breakfast!  

3 Eggs - Whites Only
1/8 cup Prego Light Smart Spaghetti Sauce
a sprinkle of Reduced fat Shredded Mozzarella
10-15 mini turkey pepperonis

Start cooking egg whites in pan -- add some cheese and pepperonis.  cook for a minute or two, fold, and cook for another minute or so, flipping half way through. 
Top with a little cheese & the Spaghetti sauce after plating. 

86 Calories
2g Fat
4g Carbs
1g Fiber
576mg Sodium
15g Protein

I paired this with another pumpkin pie protein shake -- a little different than the one I had yesterday.... Now, this does make a large smoothie, you could easily share this with someone else - or for the calories, you could just have it all yourself - It could be a meal in itself! 

1/2 scoop Nectar Sweets Vanilla Bean Torte Protein Powder
just under 1/2 cup Canned Pumpkin - Libby's
1 Container - Stonyfield Oikos Greek Yogurt - Caramel - comes in 4 pack
Pumpkin Pie Spice to taste
5-10 Ice cubes
1/4 - 1/2 cup water

Combine all items in blender - blend until smooth.

192 Calories
0g Fat
20g Carbs
4g Fiber
124mg Sodium
24g Protein

Awesome breakfast - under 300 Calories!!

No comments:

Post a Comment