Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Coffee, coffee, coffee!


So lately, it seems like I can't get enough coffee!!
 It's cool enough in the mornings now that hot coffee makes me feel toasty.... I love a good coffee shake or iced coffee anytime of the day - And blast of java can really hit the spot after my workout!  It's not even the caffeine, it's the taste.  Don't get me wrong - the caffeine is good - especially in the mornings - and in the afternoon if I'm feeling tired, but it's more about the yummy taste of it for me.
Today I concocted a choco-java shake/smoothie of my own - and it turned out so good I had to share!

1/2 scoop Syntrax Nectar Sweets - Vanilla Bean Torte
1tsp instant coffee
1tbsp Hershey's chocolate syrup
1tsp Coffee Mate Creamy Chocolate
1/4 cup oats
1/4 cup 2% or skim milk
1/4 cup water
5-10 ice cubes

Combine all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth. 

177 Calories
3g Fat
101mg Sodium
22g Carbs
2g Fiber
16g Protein


photo borrowed from: coffee.wikia.com

No comments:

Post a Comment