Saturday, November 5, 2011

Today's Menu....

One of my friends asked me the other day to start posting what I eat in a day.  She said that it would help her put all the food ideas together and eat healthier.  I hear this a lot.... People have trouble putting a healthy day of eating together - even though they know what kinds of foods are healthy.  I think part of the problem is most people don't realize what food's are actually unhealthy - besides the obvious (candy, fast food, etc).  So I decided that periodically I would post what I ate for the day.  So here goes....

Unfortunately, today was an off day because I am in the process of moving in with my boyfriend.  Ideally, you will eat breakfast within 30 minutes of getting up in the morning.... Then have a snack 2-3 hours later, then have lunch a couple hours after that.... and then another snack 2-3 hours later, and then dinner - possibly another snack later if you so desire. 

Breakfast -
Dannon Oikos Nonfat Greek Yogurt (Vanilla) w/a little Bear Naked Fit Vanilla Almond Crunch Granola & a small banana -- 234 calories, 13.9g Protein

(had an intense workout at the gym this morning)

Snack -
Luna Bar - Chocolate Peppermint Stick - 180 Calories, 8g protein
Cool Blue G2 Gatorade to drink

Lunch - (this is awful, but it's better to eat something instead of nothing!)
Spice Cake - 273 Calories
Hershey's Miniatures - 4 pieces - 168 Calories

Snack -
Quaker Quakes - Sweet Chili - 5 Pieces - 36 Calories

Dinner - Out to Dinner - Salad bar w/entree --
Salmon Filet - 110 Calories
Small Baked Sweet Potato w/little bit of Brown Sugar - 80 Calories
Salad (iceburg, mushrooms, eggs, kidney beans, cucumber, onion, carrots, ranch dressing, sunflower seeds) -- ~620 Calories

Snack -
Blue Bunny Fudge Bar - 90 calories

I log everything I eat - I use MyFitnessPal (it's amazing!) - so although today is not a great menu, a few important things....
1 - You acn eat healthy when you go out!
2 - Eat something for breakfast!  High protein is ideal - BUT if it's between eating nothing and eating a donut - eat the donut.
3 - ALWAYS eat something after you work out -- it aids in recovery and is terribly important!  I eat something EVERYDAY after I work out - without fail - and I continue to lose weight. I burned around 800 calories at the gym today.... PLUS I spent over an hour moving my stuff over to the new place - That's another 895 calories used.   I would not have made it through the rest of the day if I hadn't eaten!  FEED THE MACHINE!
4 - I am UNDER my calorie allowance for the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment