Friday, December 2, 2011

Blackberry Fro-Yo!

Anyone remember TCBY?  I think they're still around but they're not in my area... at any rate, I used to LOVE frozen yogurt..... Of course at some point I realized maybe that's not so good for you.... It seems it's often not any better for you than icecream, but they tout that it's 'frozen yogurt' which makes it sound so much better for you!?  How so - when it's loaded with calories, sugar, & empty carbs.... Just like icecream. 

The other day I picked up Polaner Sugar Free With Fiber Seedless Blackberry Preserves.  Where has this been hiding?!  Amazingly, it's only 10 sweet calories, has a few grams of fiber, and is packed with flavor!  Comes in a few different flavors, but I thought the Blackberry would be fun. 

Last night while making my normal protein packed evening snack, I decided to try something different, and it worked out so well!! 

2/3 - 3/4 cup NonFat Vanilla Greek Yogurt (I used Chobani)
2Tbsp Polaner Sugar Free w/Fiber Seedless Blackberry Preserves
1/3 scoop Vanilla protein powder
1-2 Tbsp Water

Combine all ingredients - Freeze for 30 min to an hour -- enjoy!!

192 Calories
1g Fat
28g Carbs
6g Fiber
23g Protein
125mg Sodium


No comments:

Post a Comment