Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Spicy Black Beans!

Here's a super easy - super tasty - side dish you can make in a snap for dinner..... I didn't know what to have with our little steaks last night -- and I LOVE anything with a flare of Mexican - so I threw this together last night and it was quite tasty! And oh so cheap!!  Not only does this make a great side dish, also makes a great snack since it's loaded with protein & fiber!

1 can Black Beans - drained, rinsed
1/3 can Diced Tomatoes with Green Chiles (slightly drained)
Shredded Mexican blend cheese
Fat Free Sour Cream (Optional)

Put beans in bowl, and heat (microwave is fine) for about 30 seconds.  Add tomatoes, and heat for another 30 seconds - you can do this on the stove too if you like.
Sprinkle with cheese (just a tiny sprinkle, don't douse it in cheese.  and Add 1tbsp Sour Cream if you like. Enjoy!

181 Calories
3g Fat
28g Carbs
9g Fiber
12g Protein
(This includes the cheese & sour cream)



1 comment:

  1. That looks yummy. I am always looking healthy snacks for my hubby for football. This would be good with some baked pita, maybe sprinkled with some cumin on the cumin before I bake them.

    ReplyDelete