Tuesday, December 6, 2011

YES, I DO EAT PIZZA!

Who doesn't love pizza?  I can only think of one person, and that was my grandfather.... Of course I think if he had ever had it, he would've liked it.....

I notice that when people eat pizza they typically order out.... which I used to do.... But now I'd never do!  First off, it can be expensive..... Secondly, it is AWFUL for you!  We eat pizza sometimes -- maybe once or twice a month -- but we always make it at home. You can get all the ingredients at your local store, and it's super easy - and far healthier! 

I usually get the pizza crust already made because it's easier.... You can get a two pack of thin crusts, even whole wheat is available, for only a few dollars at Wal-Mart.  Get whatever toppings you like -- veggies, turkey pepperoni, chicken, ground turkey..... At any rate, I just wanted to show an example of what you can do and how it compares.

Tonight, I made pizza..... It had pizza sauce, Italian blend cheese, Mini Turkey Pepperoni, mushrooms, and onions.  Baked in 10 minutes -- took about 5 minutes to prepare.  Faster than delivery or ordering out - and cheaper.

I ate an entire half of the 12" Pizza - my boyfriend ate the other half....

528 Calories
20g Fat
64g Carbs
4g Fiber
22g Protein
1237mg Sodium

ONE SLICE of PIZZA HUT PEPPERONI PIZZA
280 CALORIES
13G FAT
28G CARBS
1G FIBER
13G PROTEIN
850MG SODIUM

ONE SLICE of DOMINOS PEPPERONI & ONION THIN CRUST PIZZA
340 CALORIES
18G FAT
29G CARBS
2G FIBER
8G PROTEIN
700MG SODIUM

A normal person would eat 2-3 slices of pizza, easy.  Wow. Do you wonder why I make my pizza at home?  I had cut pizza out of my diet for a while.... but now that I've started making it myself, I know I can have it when I want it and not feel guilty about it.  I want to try making a mexican pizza... I'm sure that recipe will be popping up on here sometime soon!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment