Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Spicy Mexican Egg(White)!

Eggs are a classic breakfast food.  I typically eat egg whites -- but I also eat eggs.  The liquid egg (from the carton) or egg whites are so easy, you can even cook them in the microwave - so there's no excuse for anyone not to start their day with some protein.... Today I wanted to add a little kick to my eggs, and I had some left over diced tomatoes with green chiles from last night's dinner, so I decided to add those in -- Worked beautifully - and I'm not even a tomato person! 

6 Tbsp Liquid Egg Whites
1/8 cup diced tomatoes w/green chiles
sprinkle Mexican Shredded Cheese
Heat small frying pan... pour in egg whites. Add in tomatoes (slightly drained, but still with a little liquid).... Cook until egg whites are firm/done.  Sprinkle cheese on top.  (I also added s&p). Delish!!

76 Calories
1g Fat
4g Carbs
12g Protein
338mg Sodium

No comments:

Post a Comment