Saturday, November 19, 2011

Black Bean Protein Brownies



I've made black bean brownies before - with a box of brownie mix & a can of black beans.  They are delish.  But I wanted something with a little more this time - like more protein.  These are from scratch - and they are amazing. 

1 can black beans - drained, rinsed (I used Great Value - yep. walmart)
3 eggs
1/2 c butter (I used Smart Balance Light)
4Tbsp Cocoa (I used Nestle Toll House)
1 cup Dates
1tsp Vanilla
3 Scoops protein powder (I used Body Fortress Whey Protein - Chocolate)
pinch salt (I used sea salt)
Hershey's Special Dark Chocolate Chips

Preheat oven to 350. 
Boil dates for about a minute - this way you can easily remove the skin.
  Then, combine all ingredients (except chocolate chips) in a blender, and blend until smooth -- will look like normal brownie batter.
Spray dish/pan with nonstick cooking spray.   Pour batter into pan.
Bake for about 30 minutes (test done-ness with a toothpick in the center - once it comes out clean, they are done). 
Makes 8 servings (of course you could cut them smaller and cut calories)

230 Calories
9g Fat
25g Carbs
2g Fiber
18g Protein

No comments:

Post a Comment