Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Spaghetti Squash Marinara

Ok so this was my first time making spaghetti squash -- and SUCCESS!
I had to do some research on how to cook it - but I ended on a pretty easy method. It turned out awesome!

This is an excellent side dish - or can take the place of pasta (as I've done here)

Preheat oven to 375.
Cut spaghetti squash in half - while uncooked.  Remove seeds.  I then put a little bit of the Smart Balance Light butter on the fleshy side, and some salt & pepper.
Bake, Fleshy side down, for 45 minutes to an hour, until tender.
Skin of squash will be VERY HOT so be careful.  Remove flesh with a fork.... It just shreds right up and becomes all noodle-y!
Top with Spaghetti sauce (I used 3/4 cup Prego Light Smart Traditional Spaghetti Sauce) *Can also add some parmesan or Italian Style Shredded Cheese (as I did here).
Delicioso!

(I used half of the spaghetti squash - or about three cups - in my dish here for lunch)

223 Calories
2.7g Fat
48.2g Carbs
11.1g Fiber
748.7mg Sodium
7.8g Protein

Serve with a salad - perfect lunch or dinner!



No comments:

Post a Comment