Saturday, November 19, 2011

Pumpkin Protein Muffins!!!

I found this recipe online - but modified it a bit for myself....
These are loaded with protein -- whole grains -- fiber.... Win-WIN!!

I made these for Thanksgiving at my Grandma's house tomorrow -- I tried one tonight - so good!  Not overpoweringly sweet - but just sweet enough - with a hint of pumpkin!

makes 12 muffins
1 cup oatmeal (chop in food processor until almost flour-y consistency)
5 scoops protein powder (I used Vanilla)
1 tsp baking powder
cinnamon (to taste)
pumpkin pie spice (to taste)
3 egg whites
1 cup pumpkin
1/2 cup no sugar added applesauce
honey (to taste)
splenda brown sugar blend (1/2-1 tsp to taste)

Preheat oven to 375.  Combine all ingredients.  Bake for 15-20 minutes.


Whip/stir about 1/2 container Cream Cheese Icing.  Pipe onto muffins (you dont' need fancy tools for this - you can just put the icing in a zip lock baggie, and cut the corner off - squeeze onto muffins).

Each muffin contains about....
131 Calories
3g Fat
15g Carbs
11g Protein

*Note - you can make these without the icing (86 calories, 8g carbs, 1g fat, 11g protein) for breakfast or a snack anytime as well - they are quite tasty, I just added the icing because they are a healthy dessert option for Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment