Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Pumpkin Enchiladas! (Vegetarian & Low Fat!)

I came across a recipe online that inspired this idea (One of the fabulous members on MyFitnessPal posted her recipe - I tweaked it to make it my own).  I can't believe how good this came out!  I thought it sounded good, but I wasn't completely sold on the pumpkin in a more savory dish as I haven't ever had that before - but it's fantastic!  Even though it has no meat, it's very filling and full of protein!!

1 head cauliflower, cut into large florets
olive oil (I used the spray)
onion - thinly sliced or chopped
1 can cannellini beans, drained, rinsed
6 oz plain Greek Yogurt
1/4 cup Shredded mexican blend cheese
4oz can Diced Green Chiles
Garlic powder
salt
Low Carb High Fiber Tortillas

For the sauce -
1/2 cup pumpkin
2tbsp cooking cream (I used Philadelphia Santa Fe)
1/2 Cup Vegetable broth (I used swanson organic)
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp cumin

Preheat oven to 450.
Spray cauliflower, add salt & pepper -- roast for about 45 minutes, turning half way through.

Cut into small pieces once you take it out of the oven.

Lower oven to 350.

Saute onions until carmelized.

In a large bowl, combine beans (I ran mine through the food processor to get them mashed up), cauliflower, yogurt, cheese (save some for topping), chiles, onion, & seasonings. 

Make sauce - combine sauce ingredients in another bowl, whisk until well blended.
Spread a little sauce in the bottom of the dish. 

Stuff tortillas w/filling and place in dish seam side down.  Pour remaining sauce on top - sprinkle on remaining cheese.

Cover with foil, bake for 30 minutes at 350.  Remove foil, and cook for another 15 minutes.

I made this into four pretty stuffed tortillas (There was a bit of stuffing left over) - but if you like yours less stuffed, you can make more - But that will change the nutrition information because of using an increased number of tortillas).

289 Calories
7g Fat
47g Carbs (23g Net Carbs)
24g Fiber
531mg Sodium
25g Protein

1 comment:

  1. Sounds delicious and if I use corn tortillas, my hubby could eat it too!

    ReplyDelete