Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Chocolate Peanut Butter IceCream FAKEOUT!


Ok, so, seroiusly - this could totally take the place of icecream for me!  Have you ever had that chocolate icecream with the peanut butter swirl through it?  It's pretty stinkin good (of course it's been nearly a year since I've had anything like that!)  ;)  But this totally reminded me of it.....   Not only does this make a perfect snack to satisfy that sweet tooth, it's also a perfect pre- or post-work out snack!!

2/3 of a cup Dannon Oikos Greek Yogurt (I used plain)
2 TBSP Peanut Wonder Low Sodium Peanut Butter
1/3 scoop protein powder (I used Body Fortress Whey Protein - vanilla)
3/4 TBSP Cocoa Powder (I used Nestle Toll House)
Hershey's Special Dark Chocolate Chips

Combine all ingredients in a bowl - except chocolate chips - mix until smooth/well blended.  sprinkle a few chocolate chips on top - freeze for about an hour.  Will probably not be frozen all the way through - but that makes it easy to stir up a bit and make extra creamy again.  When you stir this up, it almost creates a 'whipping' effect, and it seems to make SO MUCH!  Dig in and enjoy!

307 Calories
7g Fat
31g Carbs
2g Fiber
175mg Sodium
30g Protein

A note about the ingredients --
Yogurt - I used plain, but when I make it again, I'll probably use vanilla.
You could also use chocolate protein powder.
You can use any kind of peanut butter you want -
keep in mind, any changes to the ingredients will change the nutrition information.

No comments:

Post a Comment