Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Creamy Black Beans & Corn




I don't eat corn very often - only a couple times a month (and even then I don't eat much) - but I do like it.  I had some leftover black beans from today's lunch (which I posted earlier) and thought I'd mix some frozen corn in for a yummy side for tonight's dinner..... Then it kind of took on a life of it's own.  Turned out to be so good I just had to share....  Enjoy!! 

3/8 Cup Black Beans - Drained/Rinsed
2/3 cup whole kernel yellow corn - frozen
about 1 tbsp Philadelphia Cooking Cream - Santa Fe Blend
2tbsp Salsa (I use black bean & corn salsa)

Combine corn, beans & cooking cream in a small frying pan... on medium heat.  Heat through until beans & corn are hot/done (this takes a few minutes but not long at all) - reduce heat to low and add in salsa -- mix in to corn/bean mixture and heat on low for about 2 minutes.... Makes 2 servings.
124 Calories
3g Fat
21g Carbs
4g Fiber
5g Protein
261mg Sodium

No comments:

Post a Comment