Sunday, January 8, 2012

Homemade Pizza - the only way to go!!

I now realize I can eat pizza..... when I first started my journey - pizza was OFF LIMITS!  But now I do enjoy it about once a month.  But when I have it I typicallly make it at home.  I made pizza on Friday.  Turned out delish - low calorie and tasty too?!  Even my boyfriend who loves pizza likes it so it must be good! ;)  It's way cheaper than ordering pizza - way healthier, and only takes about 15 minutes to make (cook time included!)....

Mama Mary's thin & crispy pizza crust (come two in a pack)
pizza sauce (I used Classico this time)
Turkey Pepperoni
green pepper
onion
shredded pizza blend cheese (reduced fat)
shredded cheddar (just a little bit)

Preheat oven to 450.  Spray pizza crust lightly with olive oil.   Top with sauce, then a little cheddar -- then pepperoni & veggies, then the pizza blend cheese.  Reduce oven temp to 425, bake for 8-12 minutes.

Half the pizza has less calories than two slices of Dominos pepperoni pizza!

535 Calories
20g Fat
72g Carbs
3g Fiber
19g Protein

No comments:

Post a Comment