Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Simply Delicious Black Bean Wrap





Someone posted this idea on myfitnesspal.com the other night - - It's a Jillian Michael's recipe - but I had to (of course) tweak it and make it my own.  I just had it for lunch and let me tell you - so tasty!  It packs some heat (which you can increase or decrease, depending on your taste), it's simple to make (only has a few ingredients that you probably already have on hand) and it's nutritious!  Takes only a few minutes to make....   It may seem high in carbs, but it's also LOADED with fiber & protein -- this is a perfect lunch!!  I had my wrap with a salad.

3/4 cup Black Beans - rinsed & drained
2tbsp reduced fat Shredded Cheddar
1/2 tsp cumin
pinch of cayenne
whole wheat wrap - I used Ole Healthy LifeStyle Xtreme Wellness High Fiber Low Carb whole wheat tortilla
2tbsp salsa

Combine in food processor - beans, cheese, cumin, cayenne.  May need to add a little water to keep everything moving.  Process until blended nicely - should be mashed potato consistency.  Put into a whole wheat wrap - and roll up like a burrito.  Nuke in microwave for about 30 seconds - until warm.  Top with salsa.

336 Calories
10g Fat
51g Carbs
24g Fiber
26g Protein
950mg Sodium






No comments:

Post a Comment