Sunday, February 26, 2012

Protein Infused Apple Cinnamon Muffins

 I like to keep things simple.... I'm not much of a baker, but I do like baked treats (who doesn't?!)  I also feel like if I'm going to eat a carb heavy baked treat, that it should at least be balanced out with some protein and some fiber.  So this is my solution.... 
1 package Krusteaz Fat Free Apple Cinnamon Muffin Mix
2 Scoops Vanilla Protein Powder
1 1/2 cups Water

Preheat oven to 400.  Combine muffin mix, water, & protein in bowl - mix thoroughly.  Fold in apples (contained in muffin mix package).  Spoon into muffin tin (sprayed with non-stick cooking spray) and bake 18 minutes.  This makes 16 muffins - and they are delish!! 

Here's the stats - per muffin.... 
123 Calories
0g Fat
24g Carbs
2g Fiber
5g Protein
218mg Sodium 

If you don't have time to cook breakfast, you can grab a couple of these to start your day.  They are so quick to make, and you can freeze them so they'll last a long time.  The protein doesn't affect the taste - if anything it makes them taste better.  These are also boyfriend approved!!  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment